Wednesday, January 21, 2015

London calling

Came back from London late last night and I'm already missing that beautiful city. I wish you were here to experience it with me though :(
Soooo... I did quite a bit of shopping and spotted the pair of Nike Air Max Thea I've been eyeing for quite awhile. Since I exceeded my budget for this month, think I will probably get it next month hehe. Really love the sneaker culture here. Everywhere I turn, someone is wearing a Nike haha. Brought the group around the 2/3 days we were there. Saturday was spent mostly shopping and Sunday morning was spent wandering in Camden Lock. I think the highlight of the trip would probably be the extremely long walk in 0 degree weather on Sunday afternoon along the River Thames from Westminster to Tower Hill, and then on to London Liverpool Street, passing by major landmarks like Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, Parliament Houses, London Eye, Shakespeare's Globe Theatre, Tate Modern, St Paul's Cathedral, London Bridge, Borough Market, Tower Bridge, and Tower of London. It was a pretty long walk even though it looked short on the map. & I think I was the only one in the group making Harry Potter references though :/ The guys went back on Sunday night as they had classes on Monday. Hence, Monday was another shopping bout at Oxford Street with the girls (yay), and the evening was spent at Chinatown (where I attempted to find the laopobing store but failed), and around Leicester Square. Caught the film premiere of Mortdecai but didn't have time to wait for Johnny Depp and Gwyneth Paltrow as Estee and I had to catch a train back to Colchester :(

For now, it's back to school and I already have an essay and presentation due in the next 2 weeks darn! Still in the holidaying mood though :( Shall start editing photos too!

Mental note to self: watch Les Mis the next time I'm in London!

No comments:

Post a Comment